From the 3rd of April phase 4 of the BVD eradication scheme will be fully implemented. This will reward keepers who buy cattle responsibly, and will require anyone bringing in risky animals to test them for BVD or lose their BVD “negative” herd status.
The risky animals are:
- Calves born on Scottish non-breeding holdings that have not been individually tested for BVD
- Cattle moving off a Scottish “not negative” herd that do not have an individual negative status (either BVD test result or assumed negative from having a calf)
- Cattle without individual BVD test results coming from herds outside Scotland
More information can be found on the Scottish Government BVD "what's new" page
- In order to support the BVD eradication scheme several videos have been produced.
- Full implementation of Phase 4, message from the CVO Scotland
- Protect your BVD negative status
- The BVD eradication scheme: progress so far